The PU2B2 Secret Dungeon

Sunday, August 3, 2008

It has been one month I’m in ukm kl…This one month really is a totally new experience to me.I met different kinds of people…different things,things which I never thought before….

1)I just finish my course’s informal orientation,which involves Chinese students only…it’s tough,as juniors had to approach ALL the Chinese seniors in my course(77of them all),talked to them,and memorized their name,their faces,former schools and hometowns.That is the least.Of course,I had to introduced myself.standardise one(in Chinese):xx senior hao3,my name is kaixian from kluang johor.my former school is stk,and I’m stpm graduate.my pointer is 3.83,opto is my 3rd choice.my 1st choice is….,2nd choice is….. and I;m very pleased with my choice.

4th yr seniors all very nice,they will chat with us,gave us info bout optometry.(And I wanna say,they are really professional,once they see my eyes,they will put fingers in front of me,do simple test,then followed by different term which I cant understand.MY lazy eyes ah!its quite unbearable at first,but slowly I got used to it le.I’m in this line ma,of course….)HOWEVER,some of the2nd year seniors will made my life tougher,like giving me task(such as find the buddy line*)……..this went on for 3 weeks.the last day of the orientation,we had our judgement night,where juniors performed for seniors and we got our buddy.finally,its over now.


2)I became subject to my 4th year senior who are doing clinical now.i had my eyes tested last Wednesday….it’s not normal testing of power only.but a lots more….including checking for far sighted,short sight,lazy eye,astigmatism,dou4 ji1 yan3,and many more.they will even clean the dandruff on the eyelashes for you!This is what I going to do in the future.OPTOMETRIST.want to know more bout optometry?basically,its totally different frm optician and opthamologist(eye doctor)….optician only check power and fit glasses…while optometrist will do deeper examination of your eyes and discover any potential disease in time so that you can prevent.they are qualified to test eyes,cut lenses,fit glasses,and give mild drug to some minor eye disease under opthamologist.so,we are called primary eye care giver.WHILE opthamologist,obviously is an eye doctor,who can perform surgery on the patient….(just want to increase your discernment over these three looks similar YET very different professions)

3)I took part in scrabble competition!hantam je.have you heard of the word AA?AH?AB?there are all existed!I made a word ZE(which does not exist),nobody dare to challenge me and this word helped me to get no2 in my round which consist of 3 people.but cannot enter semi final la.Anyway,I had lots of fun there:p

4)I walked A LOT!If there isn’t any bus,we have to walk.and I have counted the time before,its 30 mins of walk from my hostel to my campus.haiz………walking is part of my life now.and,I lived at 4th floor!OH my goodness!everyday after long day,still have to climb 4 floor all the way to my room……..i move a lot,and I eat a lot at the same time!

5)A lot of tourist spots at my side.Taman titiwangsa,national library,istana budaya,balai seni budaya Negara,eye on Malaysia…..and I went into balai seni budaya that day.once I got into it,I straightway told myself,”This is your place,elween!”Elween,you sure will like it a lot de!:Pbesides that I didn’t manage to go any other kawasan pelancongan…..too busy…..

6)i change my lifestyle……my sleeping time to be exact…I ,a person used to sleep A LOT have to sacrifice and cut down bit by bit lo…….my panda eyes coming out so obviously.

7)LOTS MORE………………but I believe everybody facing same experience oso,like learning in the BIOG dewan KUliah,where I would definitely sleep everytime….malay food vs chinese food,shopping,taking monorail,lrt,lots la………share with you all next time.
posted by kaixian at Sunday, August 03, 2008

3 Comments:

wah! so detailed! but i don't understand anything about the optometry thingy you are talking about. or maybe I am just lazy to read coz it's something that I really have no interested in. LOL :)

Yer...wanna go and see the budaya thingy leh...so good de. take photo and show me la..I wanna see also..can i go visit next time :)

wa...you sure thin down a lot lo? :)

August 3, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

my area got two budaya thingy
i oni went to one of them
artpieces all over
infact,i feel ur artpieces can put there oso:p

and i din got thinner coz as i exercise more,i tend to eat more too!haha:P

August 5, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

kaixian - wa, yo uare healthy la, you eat more i eat less. :( really? can i really put my art pieces there? help ask and see?

August 5, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home