Hear my part of being a child care worker. The kindergarten I work in is a totally Chinese speaking kindergarten. I was surprise I couldn’t fit into the “community” there. The principal was scary because she mood-mood one. She can be really nice, otherwise sampat. Otherwise she will start shouting : “you pig ah, don’t know how to use your brain!” at another teacher then that teacher also fight back: “You are also another pig ah, bee-yotch!” How scary is that.
I realized that the harder I tried to finish my work, she will give more. So now I have learn to be clever—“take it slow” and enjoy it.
I actually thought of stopping because I can’t really stand their behaviour and their unprofessional attitude in handling kids. You know, they are just like normal typical parents who always yell at kids. I guess this is just an Asian culture that is hard to change, particularly for Chinese.
I am extremely in love with the kids. They too, always love to come to me for hug-hug. Though one of them always dig his nose and touch my face. There’s another boy called Jason wouldn’t want to look at me when he eats because he says my teeth is very disgusting. Muahaha…
That’s for the child care part. But about the teaching part in the kindergarten, I am teamed up with the principal to teach Chinese. It’s not exactly Chinese but it’s a little campur of science, games, crafts and things like that. My, that’s not something I am good in. working with the dramatic principal I could pengsan first. I don’t like to do this. I prefer proper teaching.
The job is tiring. Working hours are from 7.30 am till 6.00pm. if the salary is high I don’t mind la, but she only pays me 500 bucks and want me work like crazy. Sien diao.
I am missing my kids already....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home