The PU2B2 Secret Dungeon
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
The Golden Compass


Lyra Belacqua is an orphan who lives happily in Jordan College, Oxford, playing with local boys and terrorising the professors. However, when Lyra overhears scholars discussing a plot against her uncle, Lord Asriel, centering around a mysterious substance called Dust, her curiosity is roused. Soon Lyra is in over her head as she uncovers a frightening plot and a whole new world of possibilities.
It has been a long time I watch a story derived from fairytale. It’s just fairly well presented for the story is not as mesmerizing as TLOTR and its graphical effects were so-so-. However, without doubt it is the most awaited movie in the holidays because of its characters. Who can resist the elegant Nicole Kidman and the quite suave Daniel Craig? I cannot get enough of Nicole even she is playing an evil role in this movie, she looks striking in the golden gown. I notice the little girl greatly resemble the charming Kate Hudson (not sure about the spelling). Besides, Ian Mckellen gave me a surprise by voicing the polar bear (a big whit one). In conclusion, The Golden Compass is definitely a must for this long, long holiday.
It has been a long time I watch a story derived from fairytale. It’s just fairly well presented for the story is not as mesmerizing as TLOTR and its graphical effects were so-so-. However, without doubt it is the most awaited movie in the holidays because of its characters. Who can resist the elegant Nicole Kidman and the quite suave Daniel Craig? I cannot get enough of Nicole even she is playing an evil role in this movie, she looks striking in the golden gown. I notice the little girl greatly resemble the charming Kate Hudson (not sure about the spelling). Besides, Ian Mckellen gave me a surprise by voicing the polar bear (a big whit one). In conclusion, The Golden Compass is definitely a must for this long, long holiday.
posted by san at Wednesday, December 12, 2007
1 Comments:
another review by the critic pei san...haha ;) nicole kidman is gorgeous! don't like Even Green.
Post a Comment
<< Home